GP Surgery and Private Clinic Refits and Refurbishments
During the last 9 years Sunflower has undertaken dozens of GP surgery and Private Clinic refits throughout the UK including complete refurbishments of consulting rooms, treatment rooms and minor surgery facilities. We incorporate the latest NHS advice on design and layouts and are full conversant with the requirements of Health Building Notes (HBN's) and Healthcare Technical Memorandums (HTM's) including HBN00-10 Parts A, B and C, HBN00-09 Infection Control in the Built Environment, HTM61, 63, 64 and 71 and advice on infection control, hygiene and cleaning including the use of correct materials and finishes. Our layouts and completed work are in line with, and acceptable to, the ever tightening requirements of CQC (Care Quality Commission).
The solution we offer for your surgery is robust, designed for the purpose and will outlast standard "kitchen" units with only a small initial premium that is more than repaid during the extended life cycle. We expect, with reasonable care, that the installation will look as good as the day it was installed even after 10 years of daily use.
Please see below a selection of recent GP surgery and Private Clinic refurbishment projects we have undertaken including before and after photos.
Highfield Road, Leeds - 5 days to complete
- A well used and worn-out treatment room ready for refurbishment to current CQC guidelines.
- None compliant work surfaces.
- None washable wall finishes.
- Broken and failing cabinets.
- Split and lifting vinyl flooring.
- Poor lighting.
- Hard to clean finishes.
- Dust traps.
- None compliant Tap and Sink areas.
- Would not pass CQC audit.
- Designed to HBN00-03 Clinical and Clinical Support Spaces and HBN00-09 Infection Control in the built environment.
- Coved, capped and welded vinyl flooring to HBN00-01 Part A Flooring. (formerly HTM61)
- Sinks and Taps to HBN00-10 Part C Sanitary Assemblies. (formerly HTM64)
- Walls and Ceilings to HBN00-10 Part B Walls and Ceiling.
- Sunflower gloss white cabinets "boxed" to the ceiling to minimise dust collection.
- Integrated plumbing system (IPS) for hand washing.
- A large arrangement of Sunflower tall larder units for bulk storage, "boxed" to the ceiling.
- Worktops in solid surface resin "corian" including a coved integrated upstand for hygiene.
- Washable wall and ceiling paint.
- New lighting.
- Completed in 5 days with minimum fuss and disruption.
- CQC Audit compliant.
Natural Look Clinic, Doncaster. 2013.
When leading liposuction surgeon, Dr Nazar Kazzazi, wanted a new private clinic designing and fitting in Doncaster he chose to place his trust in Sunflower Medical Ltd.
Sunflower designed and presented room plans for a minor operations suite, clean and dirty utility, post-operative recovery room, recovery rooms and staff facilities including a disabled toilet area and a GP room. These designs were passed via CQC for comment before Dr Kazzazi gave Sunflower the contract.
Sunflower used Health Building Note00-03, HBN00-09 and HBN00-10 Part A, B, C as guidance combined with the relevant Health Technical Memorandum Standards, including HTM61 and HTM64.
The conversion included liaison with fire depts., alarm companies, building contractors, electricians as well as project management of the fitting using Sunflower employees. The net result is a modern, efficient and easy to clean environment for Dr Kazzazi's procedures and his business.
- The facility was a worn out ex hospital building.
- All the floors were carpet.
- All the walls were wood chip.
- The electrical wiring was inadequate.
- The alarm was un-reliable.
- The upstairs needed completely taking back to a blank canvass.
- ll existing furniture was inadequate.
- Sunflower provided a new treatment room complete with "day surgery" operating table.
- The flooring for the building is now vinyl, coved, capped and welded. As per HBN00-10 Part A Flooring. (formerly HTM61)
- A new ceiling was created in the treatment room including anti-bacterial medical grade surfaces.
- A scrub sink was provided as per HBN00-10 Part C Sanitary assemblies.
- A ceiling mounted examination light was provided in the treatment room.
- Windows were either frosted or new vertical cleanable blinds were fitted throughout the facility.
- Recovery rooms were created including tea and coffee facilities, TV's and recovery couches plus emergency pull cords.
- A clean and a dirty utility was created to service the treatment room. All cabinets were to HTM63 and were boxed to the ceiling to reduce dust collection
- A new DDA compliant toilet facility was created including emergency pull cord.
- The facility passed its CQC audit with no improvement required.
Greenview Medical Centre - 5 Consulting Rooms - 2013
- Worn out and none compliant sinks, taps and cabinets in 5 x consulting rooms.
- Failing tiled splash-backs.
- Split and peeling laminate worktops.
- Failed silicone sealants.
- New IPS hand wash stations to HBN00-10 Part C
- New "titanium effect" gloss cabinets. (plinth mounted HTM63 interpretation.)
- Resin solid surface worktop and splash-backs for ultimate infection control.
- All wall units boxed to the ceiling to prevent dust accumulation.
- New baby changing facility to match the colour scheme.
- 1 day per consultation room including rip out and installation. (no painting or decoration undertaken)
Brampton Primary Care Centre, Rotherham - 5 days to complete
- Blank Canvas Treatment Room refit
- Design exercise undertaken with the client.
- Suitable designs produced for free that were acceptable to the client and infection control.
- The original floor was not to an infection control standard.
- The room required painting and decorating fully.
- A suitable office area needed creating
- Sinks and drains needed providing for
- The refurbishment project plan only allowed a five day window.
The Ridge Medical Practice, Bradford - 2 days to complete
- Supply of products for 20 mixed-sex consulting and treatment rooms
- Working in conjunction with local distributor Dene Healthcare
- All products delivered in 2 days lead-time
- All couches installed and waste packaging removed ensuring a full service with minimal fuss and disruption to the operation of the medical centre.
Collingham, Leicestershire - 5 days to complete
- Old Worn-out base and wall units
- New floor required
- New Curtain Track required
- New Ceiling Mounted Medical Light required
- New sink area required
- A new polyflor fitted with welded joints taken up the wall
- A new run of base and wall units fitted, Sunflower Gloss White Range
- A new Sunflower high level storage unit included within the design
- A LEC pharmacy fridge allowed for and supplied
- Corian worktop and splash back fitted providing a hygienic impermeable surface
- A new ceiling mounted Brandon Medical light supplied and fitted
Scott GP Practice Refit, Doncaster - 5 days to complete
- Worn-out carpet and decorations
- Poor general layout
- Insufficient electrical sockets
- A single sink at a poor height
- Single sided couch access
- Poor lighting
- New polyflor with coved skirting and welded joints for total infection control
- Gloss white base and Sunflower Medical wall units with integrated upstand hygienic worktop and splashback
- Existing pharmacy fridges designed into the solution
- Clean and dirty sink with HTM64 deck mounted taps
- A matching desk area allowed for with provision of extra sockets
- Specific areas for medical trolleys
- 4 x new Cat 2 strip lights
- New air-conditioning unit allowed for
- Walls and woodwork painted in anti-bacterial paint
Sutton Medical Consulting Centre Refurbishment, Sutton Coldfield - 5 days to complete
- New polyflor required
- New base and wall units incorporating medicine cabinets
- Un-hygienic worktop
- Old style sink did not meet legislation
Rotherham Road Medical Centre, Barnsley, 5 Days to Complete
When Mike Robinson, the practice manager at Rotherham Road Medical Centre had a pipe burst at his surgery he knew to call Sunflower Medical Ltd to refurbish the rooms as he has worked with us before and knew our capabilities. After a site visit to review the job a detailed plan was drawn up of both that treatment room and consultation room. Healthcare Building Note HBN00-03 was used for guidance and a layout was developed that satisfied Mike and the GP's that use the room. The 2 rooms were completed by Sunflower's skilled and experienced tradesmen with the minimum of fuss and noise in a mere 5 days.
For more information click here please contact Sunflower Medical Ltd.
- The scope of the work included:-
- New flooring that coves up the wall.
- Repainting in a colour of choice.
- Refitting Base and Wall Units in maple and beech.
- Fitting sinks and taps to HTM64.
- Boxing in pipes to aid cleaning and infection control.
Brownhill Surgery Refurbishment, Hampshire - 5 days to complete
- A workspace solution was required
- More storage was required to remove clutter
- The flooring was non-compliant
- Sinks and Taps did not meet current legislation
- The customer chose new Beech effect base and wall units combined with a dark grey worktop
- A full height splash back was installed above the whole worktop and sealed at the top and bottom
- The existing fridge was allowed for
- HTM64 sinks and taps were fitted
- A new desk area was designed and fitted
- Sunflower Vista high level modules with optional wheels were incorporated, allowing them to be moved forward for cleaning
Belvoir Vale Medical Centre Refit, Nottingham - 3 days to complete
- Worn out base and wall units
- None clinical sinks and taps
- A worn out floor
- Poorly positioned electrical sockets and examination light
- The room had no hot water supply so water heaters had to be allowed for
- Maple Sunflower Medical base and wall units with a clean and dirty sink arrangement
- A new polyflor was fitted with welded joints
- A water heater was allowed for and electrical sockets were repositioned
- A ceiling mounted Daray examination light was converted into a wall mounted version www.daray.com
- A new curtain rail and curtain was specified
Get in touch now for a brochure or to discuss our wide range of medical furniture, products and services.