GP Surgery and Private Clinic Refits and Refurbishments
During the last 9 years Sunflower has undertaken dozens of GP surgery and Private Clinic refits throughout the UK including complete refurbishments of consulting rooms, treatment rooms and minor surgery facilities. We incorporate the latest NHS advice on design and layouts and are full conversant with the requirements of Healthcare Technical Memorandums (HTM's) and advice on infection control, hygiene and cleaning including the use of correct materials and finishes. Our layouts and completed work are in line with, and acceptable to, the ever tightening requirements of CQC (Care Quality Commission).
The solution we offer for your surgery is robust, designed for the purpose and will outlast standard "kitchen" units with only a small initial premium that is more than repaid during the extended life cycle. We expect, with reasonable care, that the installation will look as good as the day it was installed even after 10 years of daily use.
Please see below a selection of recent GP surgery and Private Clinic refurbishment projects we have undertaken including before and after photos.
Brampton Primary Care Centre, Rotherham - 5 days to complete
- Blank Canvas Treatment Room refit
- Design exercise undertaken with the client.
- Suitable designs produced for free that were acceptable to the client and infection control.
- The original floor was not to an infection control standard.
- The room required painting and decorating fully.
- A suitable office area needed creating
- Sinks and drains needed providing for
- The refurbishment project plan only allowed a five day window.
The Ridge Medical Practice, Bradford - 2 days to complete
- Supply of products for 20 mixed-sex consulting and treatment rooms
- Working in conjunction with local distributor Dene Healthcare
- All products delivered in 2 days lead-time
- All couches installed and waste packaging removed ensuring a full service with minimal fuss and disruption to the operation of the medical centre.
Collingham, Leicestershire - 5 days to complete
- Old Worn-out base and wall units
- New floor required
- New Curtain Track required
- New Ceiling Mounted Medical Light required
- New sink area required
- A new polyflor fitted with welded joints taken up the wall
- A new run of base and wall units fitted, Sunflower Gloss White Range
- A new Sunflower high level storage unit included within the design
- A LEC pharmacy fridge allowed for and supplied
- Corian worktop and splash back fitted providing a hygienic impermeable surface
- A new ceiling mounted Brandon Medical light supplied and fitted
Scott GP Practice Refit, Doncaster - 5 days to complete
- Worn-out carpet and decorations
- Poor general layout
- Insufficient electrical sockets
- A single sink at a poor height
- Single sided couch access
- Poor lighting
- New polyflor with coved skirting and welded joints for total infection control
- Gloss white base and Sunflower Medical wall units with integrated upstand hygienic worktop and splashback
- Existing pharmacy fridges designed into the solution
- Clean and dirty sink with HTM64 deck mounted taps
- A matching desk area allowed for with provision of extra sockets
- Specific areas for medical trolleys
- 4 x new Cat 2 strip lights
- New air-conditioning unit allowed for
- Walls and woodwork painted in anti-bacterial paint
Sutton Medical Consulting Centre Refurbishment, Sutton Coldfield - 5 days to complete
- New polyflor required
- New base and wall units incorporating medicine cabinets
- Un-hygienic worktop
- Old style sink did not meet legislation
Rotherham Road Medical Centre, Barnsley, 5 Days to Complete
When Mike Robinson, the practice manager at Rotherham Road Medical Centre had a pipe burst at his surgery he knew to call Sunflower Medical Ltd to refurbish the rooms as he has worked with us before and knew our capabilities. After a site visit to review the job a detailed plan was drawn up of both that treatment room and consultation room. Healthcare Building Note HBN00-03 was used for guidance and a layout was developed that satisfied Mike and the GP's that use the room. The 2 rooms were completed by Sunflower's skilled and experienced tradesmen with the minimum of fuss and noise in a mere 5 days.
For more information click here please contact Sunflower Medical Ltd.
- The scope of the work included:-
- New flooring that coves up the wall.
- Repainting in a colour of choice.
- Refitting Base and Wall Units in maple and beech.
- Fitting sinks and taps to HTM64.
- Boxing in pipes to aid cleaning and infection control.
Brownhill Surgery Refurbishment, Hampshire - 5 days to complete
- A workspace solution was required
- More storage was required to remove clutter
- The flooring was non-compliant
- Sinks and Taps did not meet current legislation
- The customer chose new Beech effect base and wall units combined with a dark grey worktop
- A full height splash back was installed above the whole worktop and sealed at the top and bottom
- The existing fridge was allowed for
- HTM64 sinks and taps were fitted
- A new desk area was designed and fitted
- Sunflower Vista high level modules with optional wheels were incorporated, allowing them to be moved forward for cleaning
Belvoir Vale Medical Centre Refit, Nottingham - 3 days to complete
- Worn out base and wall units
- None clinical sinks and taps
- A worn out floor
- Poorly positioned electrical sockets and examination light
- The room had no hot water supply so water heaters had to be allowed for
- Maple Sunflower Medical base and wall units with a clean and dirty sink arrangement
- A new polyflor was fitted with welded joints
- A water heater was allowed for and electrical sockets were repositioned
- A ceiling mounted Daray examination light was converted into a wall mounted version www.daray.com
- A new curtain rail and curtain was specified
Get in touch now for a brochure or to discuss our wide range of medical furniture, products and services.